COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR IN-PERSON RETREATS AT BIG BEAR RETREAT CENTER
PLEASE REVIEW THE MOST UP TO DATE REQUIREMENTS IN THE WELCOME INFORMATION EMAILED TO YOU PRIOR TO YOUR RETREAT.
** Please plan accordingly before your arrival **
We are delighted to continue to offer opportunities to gather for in-person retreats at the retreat center. In order to continue this offering, we are extremely mindful of the health, safety, and security of all of our guests at the retreat center. In order to provide a space that feels safe, secure, and easeful as best we can, we will continue to follow county (San Bernardino County), state, and federal (CDC) covid guidelines and recommendations covid, as well as our own safety and procedures.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as this allows us to stay open and operate an in-person group retreat ensuring the health and safety concerns of everyone on retreat at the center given individual and public conditions.
Current Safety Protocols at the Retreat Center:
These are the primary safety guidelines and procedures at the retreat center.
- Vaccination: Vaccinations are generally optional and not required for retreats at the center. Vaccines and boosters may be required for participants. (Refer to your welcome letter for your particular retreat)
- Negative Viral Covid Test: All participants are generally asked to take a rapid test on arrival (bringing own or testing before travel on arrival day). (Refer to your welcome letter)
- Masking: Is generally optional for most retreats. This may be required for your retreat. (Refer to your welcome letter)
- Waiver Form: All guests are required to fill a waiver form 24-72 hours before arrival to confirm covid safety and understanding of policy, with the option to upload vaccine proof in waiver or upon arrival.
- Ventilation/Air Filters: The meditation hall has several air filters and we practice ventilating the shared spaces as much as possible. Guests are encouraged and welcome to open/close windows at any point. BBRC also has several options for outdoor spaces for dining, walking and sitting, particularly in the warmer months.
- Surface Cleaning: Regular sanitizing and cleaning of high touch areas are practiced at the center. Guests are also highly encouraged to volunteer to clean surfaces and handles regularly, with sanitizer and spray available in shared areas and cabins.
- Sick Policy: If a practitioner or teacher becomes sick with Covid symptoms, they will be asked to move to a designated quarantine cabin onsite or nearby for approx. 24 hours, and if serious, return home. We will also ask them to take a rapid antigen self-test onsite, and if they test positive for COVID-19, they must exit the retreat. If they cannot return home due to travel restrictions, we will support their quarantine to the best of our ability. We will do everything possible to accommodate and allow for continuity of practice during this period.
- SHARED ROOMS: The center continues to offer shared and single room options given the precautions above. Our residential cabins are generally 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with a mix of shared and single rooms. If you are concerned for your safety and are unable to afford a single room option, please contact the retreat center.
More resources and information are shared in our welcome letter and specifically to each retreat. We are happy to answer any questions or provide resources at any point. If you have any issues, concerns, or questions please reach out to our retreat manager.